Who to contact at CERN
The Procurement group is divided in the following sections:
- Strategy, Quality and Communication (IPT-PI-SQ);
- Orders, Energy, Stores and Industrial Outreach (IPT-PI-OE);
- Supplies (IPT-PI-SU);
- Civil Engineering and Services (IPT-PI-CS).
Additionally, the Procurement Legal unit forms part of the Procurement group.
The Strategy, Quality and Communication section is in charge of:
- Strategy: statistics and reports, strategic tools, group projects and other special contracts.
- Quality Assurance: training, templates, FC papers approval, update of rules and procedures...
- Communication: social media and webpage content and maintenance
- Pension Fund, Insurance, Collaboration agreements
The Orders, Energy, Stores and Industrial Outreach section is in charge of:
- Orders below 50 kCHF, Stores orders.
- Energy: electricity, gas, water and SIG contracts.
- Other projects: DUNE, Dark Side.
- Outreach: BSBF, MICE, internal and external presentations, Liaison with ILOs, long term needs and strategic sourcing.
The Supplies section is in charge of:
- Supplies orders over 50 kCHF.
- Contact with different Departments (except SCE).
The Construction and Services section is in charge of:
- Civil engineering and renovation contracts.
- Industrial services.
- Temporary Labour Office.
- External services.
Procurement legal is responsible for providing legal support, advice and training to all IPT-PI members on procurement and contract related issues. It is also responsible for the legal auditing of invitation to tender documents, the negotiation of legal clauses and drafting of contractual documents as well as the review and update of key reference documents.